- Elevating the conversation of weight and its impact on health
- Busting myths and supplying our community with evidence-based resources related to obesity
- Changing the dialogue around obesity, from blame and shame to empowerment and inclusion
- Advocating for public policy and environmental changes that enable health and well-being
- Being recognized as a supportive community that accepts people of all sizes
We are focusing on:
Board of Directors
We are a group of people with common experiences and concerns. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for communities to share personal feelings, experiences, coping strategies, and offer support so they can take action and seek the help they deserve.
To have a systemic impact on increasing support and programming for the community it is essential to have experienced people who believe in our cause and are able to guide us. We are fortunate that individuals who are already part of the organization’s success to-date have agreed to join our Advisory Board.
The dedication and hard work that this team invests in order to help Obesity Matters achieve its mission is truly inspiring. They spend countless hours planning and developing new initiatives focused on supporting our community – we couldn’t do it without them!
Join the Team
If you feel just as strongly to help our community, join us in this movement.