During these unprecedented times, Obesity Matters strives to be a beacon of hope, knowledge and resource for those living with overweight and obesity. We understand that living with excess weight can be challenging and we want to be that resource and support where you can get evidence-based information.
Obesity Matters is a safe-haven
By becoming a member of Obesity Matters you can:
- Get educated on the latest science-based information about obesity.
- Find ongoing support through community forums, by sharing your story and connecting with others who have similar goals and challenges.
- Gain access to obesity certified healthcare providers
- Take action on important issues and help change the world for people living with obesity.
Join our community and let us support you to change:
- How you talk to yourself: Drop the shame and blame.
- How you talk to your family & community: Advocate for the end of weight bias and stigma associated with obesity. Dispel myths.
- How you talk to your doctor: Empower yourself to ask for evidence-based treatment options.
Blogs and News
If anyone knows about staying active, it’s professional athletes. That is why Obesity Matters has joined forces with the Toronto …
Weight loss drug called ‘game changer’ While obesity impacts COVID-19, heart disease, and diabetes, advocates urge focus on inequalities in …
People in the Obesity Matters Community have powerful stories about their experiences with obesity. We know that sharing those stories with the world, and giving people a chance to express themselves, can bring about education, advocacy, support and awareness. Stories humanize the disease of obesity and remind us that at the heart of it, individual lives are affected.
Share your story
Do you have your own stories you’d like to share? We want to hear from you! Explore below to submit your stories and share your experiences with the Obesity Matters Community!
Join the community
Become a member at no cost and together let us Inspire Hope through Action