Tired of yo-yo dieting? Struggling to choose the right diet? Overwhelmed by food products that don’t live up to claims of “all natural”and healthy? You asked for it and we listened! Due to popular demand for an interventional program, Obesity Matters is proud to present the Eat Better, Live Better workshop series that delivers evidence-based resources focused on nutrition.
The goals of the workshop are to:
- Help sort through the noise about fad diets
- Explore long-term dietary changes and food culture
- Empower participants with the knowledge and skills to focus on overall health
- Establish realistic healthy weight and lifestyle goals and
- Build self-confidence and self-acceptance that will support a positive weight management journey
The Eat Better, Live Better workshop will be a unique series of six weekly, live, interactive sessions hosted by a roster of weight management experts including obesity medicine physicians, registered dietitians, a lifestyle coach and patient advocate. The number of participants for the workshop will be limited and be consistent to ensure they receive a customized approach and have an opportunity to interact during the sessions.
In addition to live access to the expert team during the sessions, participants will be assigned additional tools to help translate what they learned into their own lives. An exclusive and private facebook group will be made available for the duration of the series, creating a safe space comprised of a non-judgemental community, where participants will have the ability to share information and experiences while receiving ongoing support from our health expert panelists.
Topics and Dates:
Reviewing the Noise Around Diet & Food Culture
Thursday, January 27 at 12 p.m. EST
Getting to Know Your Food
Thursday, February 3 at 12 p.m. EST
The Real Truth About Food Fats
Thursday, February 10 at 12 p.m. EST
Planning Healthy Meals
Thursday, February 17 at 12 p.m. EST
Thursday, February 24 at 12 p.m. EST
Bringing It All Together
Thursday, March 3 at 12 p.m. EST
- Florencia Ziemke, MD, dABOM
- Jeff Alfonsi, MD, FRCPC, ABOM
- Kristyn Hall, MSc, RD
- Maryam Naslafkih, RD
- Jennifer Hynes – Personal Development Coach, RD
- Rachel Atkins – Patient Advocate and Director of Strategy, Obesity Matters
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Know their foods, understand why and how best to combine them for optimal healthy weight management
- Learn to make highly informed decisions in grocery shopping, even on a budget
- Develop meal plans to include healthier alternatives
- Focus on overall health versus numbers on a scale
- Work towards building self-esteem and self-confidence because every body matters
The complete workshops will be recorded and accessible exclusively to the participants who have registered – even if they missed a session. Workshop highlights will be shared publicly to raise awareness of the program.
The first step is committing to attend all six sessions and that is why there is a nominal cost of $60 for all six sessions. Can’t afford the fee? We don’t want cost to stop you from joining us. For support, please contact Priti Chawla, Executive Director, Obesity Matters, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Obesity Matters:
Obesity Matters is an education and advocacy group committed to promoting game-changing dialogue, ending fat shaming, and inspiring health and happiness for people living with overweight and obesity.
This workshop is made possible by support from Nestlé Health Science OPTIFAST, Danone Canada and Oikos Canada.